- To give the pupils the opportunity to be involved in improving school life for everyone.
- To allow the children to become more responsible and actively involved in the decision making process of the school.
- To develop and promote children’s self confidence, social skills and responsible behaviour towards each other and other people.
- To provide opportunities to develop important life skills that promote positive mental health and an understanding of how to contribute effectively to society.
- The School Council will be made up of pupil representatives from each class plus the Headteacher.
- To be elected pupils in each class vote and if the pupil is happy to stand will take a position with the School Council. Each class has 2 representatives
- Meetings will be held 2 or 3 times each half term, depending on the length of the half term.